There is no charge for installation of Linux, as long as the hardware is purchased from us. You can find out more about pricing in the hardware section. I believe a functional operating system must allow you to perform basic functions quick as well as allow the flexibility and power for you to run or create more complex programs. Therefore, I would like to offer a custom design of the Ubuntu Operating system.
In 04/2014, we have decided to advance with Lubuntu. Reasons for doing so can be found in our blog update. A developers’ analysis report is available for those who are interested in the nitty gritty details regarding the inner works of the OS, many of which you would not notice but will appreciate in time to come.
The OS is now, polished, ‘cleaned up’ and ready for use. A screenshot is provided below. A video can be found at the end of the page.
Lubuntu XELLINK Edition 14.04 will include
Please refer here for a specific program list.
1. Application launcher and file sorting system
Panel with ‘Start menu’ like button
Dock for quick application launching
PCMan File browser Launcher with ‘type what you want’ system
2. Window selection, space management and control
Touchpad two-finger scrolling (for laptops)
3. Browsing, email and social
Chrome vs Firefox
Sylpheed vs Thunderbird
Pidgin Web Messenger
Cloud computing: Dropbox (optional), Chrome/Chromium can be used to sync google accounts if desired
4. Office suite and image/Video editing
Libre Office Shotwell
PITIVI video editor
Microsoft Office WINE (Optional)
5. Gaming and other windows software
Native Linux games including Steam
WINE to run windows software, like Microsoft Word
PlayOnLinux to organize and autoinstall games that require Windows
Relatively Virus-free, no antivirus required
Software support up to 3 years, stable version is released every 2 years.
In 2010, I created a video that demonstrates the full capability of the operating system.
Since then, I have decided to include in the operating system:
1. Software that can call any file you want in the computer, just by typing its name in a search box.
2. Less flashy effects, more practical usability in the design
3. A more lightweight desktop manager
4. A user-friendly and intuitive interface that makes does what you feel like doing. This means allowing you to experience hands on without creating major system instabilities.
5. Bug free and hardware supported according to hardware specifications.
6. Associated individual software upgrades
The old video was mostly unpolished work and can be found in our blog archive.